Sunday 26 August 2012

Dark Mechanicus in 6th ( Part 3 CMON and a quick list update)

CMON
Ok this is just a quick update firstly I will be putting pics of some of my Dark Mechanicus up on coolminiornot, if you are unfamiliar with this it is a website, that hosts photos of peoples models and allows you to rate and comment on them (its also great for inspiration). I thought due to the quite unique look of my army I would start to post photos on there to see how people reacted and the initial reactions to the Greater Daemon have been very positive. If you are interested in looking on there for my stuff if you search artist RichFielder (one word) you will find him and other things I have been working on in the past including some Grey Knights and Space Wolves.

Army List Update
I’m slowly closing on an army list and this is important with the GT heats and Octoberfest both coming up very soon. Necrons are one of the winners from the changes to 6th ed. This is down to allot of things but the more I play the more I think it is down to mainly 1 weapon and that is the twin linked tesla destructors. Now these were
good in 5th ed and most good Necron builds back then would run them, however small changes have made them better. The first it the loss of ap – being a – 1 on the damage table (this is minor) and the fact that 3 glances destroy most tanks this is interesting for a gun that is 4 shots at s7 rerolling to hit. The big thing about tesla though is its special rule that means a roll of a 6 to hit it gets an extra 2 hits, which makes it very viable against flyers as it is on average giving you 3 hits.  So although looking at the improvement to the other heavy support options for Necrons I think I will be looking at 3 annihilation Barges for my heavy’s. So with this following on from my last post talking about Warriors and Night scythes the basis of my army is looking like this.  

5 Warriors, Night Scythe
5 Warriors, Night Scythe

Annihilation Barge, Tesla Cannon
Annihilation Barge, Tesla Cannon
Annihilation Barge, Tesla Cannon

This gives me 5x Twin linked Tesla Destructors and 3x Tesla Cannons and the 10 gauss shots for the bargain cost of 600pts.
I am in no doubt that this will be the starting point for most Necron tournament lists, and know this is not an original idea but i thought it was worth sharing my reason for starting from this point.I think it is really what we do with the rest of the list that will define the lists and I will update you on my thoughts on that next time.
Thanks as always
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment