Monday 7 January 2013

Tournament Gamers Painting Masterclass 6: David Alegre Castro – Daemons


Tournament Gamers Painting Masterclass 6: David Alegre Castro – Daemons

Now it’s the new year I guess it’s time for me to be a bit continental right? David is a member of the Spanish ETC team and recently he went and competed at Heat 3 of the GT. Now all I’ve seen are positive remarks about him and his team mates. What delighted me more was that his daemon army looks stunning! What David has produced, with a bit of imagination, shows how crazy you can be with the daemon army. And so here’s David to tell us more about it.

1. Tell me about yourself and how you got into Warhammer

I’m David Alegre, Spanish Captain for the ETC. I have been playing 40k since the start of 3rd edition. I started when my brother brought some Space Marines. He didn’t like painting so I started painting some of his miniatures. The problem was that he wanted them to be Ultramarines. I hated painting such plain, uncool and boring miniatures. So I bought some Eldar for myself.






2. Why daemons?
Several reasons here.
Firstly I already had daemons from the start of 5th Ed. With the new WD rules Daemons could be used in ETC so we’ll probably need the miniatures.

Secondly, I wanted some good army to travel abroad. I have a nicely painted traitor IG army but it’s horrible to carry them by plane and slow to play.

And last I liked the way I could paint the screamers with airbrush. Also the flamers but the new miniatures are so ugly that I made a proxy with dryads.

3. What drives you to continue painting?

Going to tournaments. I usually try to paint what I’m going to use in my next tournament. I like painting but usually you don’t feel like spending long hours doing it. I have an own rule about not going to a tournament with unpainted miniatures so I have to force myself to get a new army ready before using them.







4. Do you find that taking armies to tournaments restricts what you can do with your army painting wise?

In some cases yes because when you want to change your army you want to have it soon but usually it’s the other way around, as I want to have the army well painted I can’t take it to a tournament






 

5. What was your toughest challenge in this army?

Apart from buying the miniatures it was choosing the pattern to paint, which colours, and how to do it. I usually look in forums to get ideas before starting because a good idea at the start of the painting can make the result much better.

6. What painting project is next for you?

I already have Eldar, CSM, IG, Necrons, GK and daemons. I want some Space Marines to ally with my traitor IG so I’m going to transform & paint some SM miniatures to adapt them to my army.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment