Sunday 6 October 2013

40K: A Poem


Love it or hate it, this is a common by-product of what I like to call ‘the whiskey hour’ on a Friday night.

 


Dice, tape, army and rules,

These, our precious gaming tools.

All have important parts to play,

In this wonderful game of 40K.

 

Some play for glory, others for fun,

I swing both ways, if you’ll excuse the pun.

Some paint their models as works of art,

Others dip, but still play their part

 

It’s a funny old thing, the roll of the dice

Sometimes it’s harsh, sometimes it’s nice

So if you rely on luck, take heed

It’s not just more dice – it’s tactics you need!

 

Always exciting, a new army book

Potential new meta, it’s worth a good look

If you ask my advice, please bear in mind

It’s not my fault, I’m 4 years behind!

 

I’ve often heard about OP Tau,

You’ve brought 3 Riptides? Take a bow.

Whilst this may be true, it matters much less

Than a general who’s pro, at least that’s my guess.

 

So in the grim darkness, it’s not all bad

It’s all just a game, and there’s fun to be had

Take it from me, a ‘most sporting opponent’,

In 40K humour, is a vital component!

 

 

 

 

1 comment: