Sunday 9 September 2012

Dark Mechanicus in 6th (Part 4 new flyer)

So I’ve been busy the last few weeks, work has been manic however I have still managed to produce a small amount of hobby to share.  Seeing as Kaelarr  has been ranting about flyers the last few weeks I felt inspired to rework my Dark Mechanicus flyers, so I will be talking about the construction and painting side of this today.
I wasn’t very happy with my original flyer shown a few weeks ago on here, it was missing something. So I set to work redesigning it to fit in better with the overall look of my army. I wanted to make it more daemon looking like my stalker (Greater Daemon of Nurgle). I found this a challenge until I remembered the blight drone from forge world, so I worked on an idea of a cross between that and a Hell blade to represent my Night Scythes.


For the model I used the back part of a soul grinders upper body with allot of miliput, greenstuff and plasticard, unfortunately I got so into the project I didn’t photograph as I went (stupid boy). I battle damaged the main body of the hell blade to continue my corroding damaged look. For painting I used the same step by step I used on my Stalker and the link to that is here if you want to check it out. I have not finished the flying base yet but here is a picture of the finished but not based model.
Overall I’m very happy with the way it’s turned out and I’ve already started on my second one and pics of that should be up shortly.

That’s all for now but I will be doing a post on Necrons and allies in the next few days.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment