Sunday 23 September 2012

Dark Mechanicus in 6th (Painting update)

So I have been doing a bit more painting and have now finished the 2 flyers. The second one is made in exactly the same way as the first but with a few different components. I have also finished off the bases. So I thought it was time I shared them with you.

Hope you enjoy.


 
Mechanicus flyers finished and based, I decided to go with black flying bases rather than the usal clear and really like how they turned out.

Both Mechanicus flyers finished and based (Above shot)

I have also made a new base for my Mechanicus Greater Daemon. As I was looking at the Stalker rules I realised they don't bring much to an army that is nearly completly twin linked, so I decided to make him work as a Monolith in games but for that to work I needed to get him to the correct size. I did this by using thee bottom of an actual monolith and built up the scrap inside with milliput and bits of tank etc.
Monolith sized base for the Greater Scrap Daemon.
Having just seen the new White Dwarf I think my Mechanicus Necrons may end up with an allied force of Iron Warriors which was my first ever tornie army. The new models are awesome and I can’t wait to get my hands on some of them and the new codex.

As always thanks for reading.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment