Sunday 7 October 2012

Dark Mechanicus in 6th (The List)



Ok so after several months of trying to decide on what to put in my list it finally happened I actually made a decision on the list and how I want it to play. I had already talked about certain units that I wanted in the list but I needed to construct the whole list. When I am list building I have a few restrictions over your normal tornie player, they are the rule of cool (exactly what it says on the tin I may want to use something for coolness factor). And model count (I like to make my army’s look nice and a bit different but this takes time so I try to limit my lists to as few models as I can).

Now I have explained my restrictions I will post my army list for the upcoming Brighton tornie.




HQ - Destroyer Lord, with Sempiternal Weave and Mindshackle Scarabs, Warscythe.
HQ - Destroyer Lord, with Sempiternal Weave and Mindshackle Scarabs, res orb, Warscythe.

Troops – 5 Immortals, Nightscythe.
Troops – 5 Immortals, Nightscythe.
Troops – 20 warriors.

Fast Attack - 5 Canoptek Wraiths.
Fast Attack - 5 Canoptek Wraiths.
Fast Attack - 9 Canoptek Scarab Bases.

Heavy Support - Annihilation Barge.
Heavy Support - Annihilation Barge.
Heavy Support – Monolith.

1845

The army is quite simple to use, and has the option of aggressive or defensive application. The destroyer lords make wraiths amazing and are just the bosses in challenges. However I like the idea of one sitting in my unit of 20 Warriors giving them 4+ to get back up with a res orb and reroll 1s to hit and wound. The main idea of the army is designed to be resilient and keep shooting, wile the wraiths and scarabs led by one of the destroyer lords keeps my opponent busy.

A few decisions still left to make. 2 or 3 units of wraiths? 1 or 2 destroyer lords? Monolith or 3rd barge? And Lord and royal court to boost the 2 5 man immortal units versatility?

Any and all feedback on my list is welcome.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment